Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

4 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Are him and blocker friends? Could explain his de-commitment 

I went to Siena while he was there, was also in the dorm next to me. He’s a great guy but highly doubt he’ll jump mid majors. He’s a power 5 player

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

More news from Olean as a bump to make people think we did something.

Who cares?? Again you make a story out of nothing because of your dislike for Whitesell. This individual decided to go to an A-10 school which is a step above the MAC. 

There are 1200 people in the portal, if you start to share every player that is not coming to Buffalo, this thread is going to get very pointless very fast.

7 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

Who cares?? Again you make a story out of nothing because of your dislike for Whitesell. This individual decided to go to an A-10 school which is a step above the MAC. 

There are 1200 people in the portal, if you start to share every player that is not coming to Buffalo, this thread is going to get very pointless very fast.

I read through my post a few times and didn't find any mention of Whitesell.

I also double checked the thread title and on my laptop it shows "Transfer Portal". The tweet I shared was announcing a transfer to a local rival... I'm sorry that my joke about the thread bump ruined your morning and/or didn't fit your expectations for the thread.

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

I read through my post a few times and didn't find any mention of Whitesell.

I also double checked the thread title and on my laptop it shows "Transfer Portal". The tweet I shared was announcing a transfer to a local rival... I'm sorry that my joke about the thread bump ruined your morning and/or didn't fit your expectations for the thread.

To add to you point...obviously there’s a divide amongst us. Those who see 1300 names and several months before the season starts. And those who see every other school making moves while UB doesn’t even have a list of prospects of interest. 

The main point is that things are moving quickly. Whether people wanna believe it or not it’s getting late soon. Schools are making moves. Getting verbals. Kids are making their minds up to change 5 days later. Yes things will play out but dammit a whisper of something would be nice. Wasn’t it nice to hear that we made a run at Cone. Wasn’t that nice. That’s all we want. Some signs of a pulse. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

George Mason it is 

Saw that coming, they’re in need of a starting caliber guard. It’s going to be tough for us to get a commitment but I confident we will. Many of these transfers want to start, not come off the bench. I’m hoping we go and grab a freshman/sophomore guard we can develop and doesn’t mind coming off the bench

8 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Saw that coming, they’re in need of a starting caliber guard. It’s going to be tough for us to get a commitment but I confident we will. Many of these transfers want to start, not come off the bench. I’m hoping we go and grab a freshman/sophomore guard we can develop and doesn’t mind coming off the bench

Agree 100%. We most likely already have our starting 5 locked in and at least one bench rotation spot filled. Going to be tough to grab a high level transfer with not many minutes to go around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I agree, it is hard to expect a Junior or Senior to want to come in and be a bench player (especially someone coming from a high major). All high major transfer will likely have an opportunity at a mid major to start, so it comes down to if they care about winning or not.

I have said before in other threads, I really think the staff should target DII guys trying to transfer up (specifically Freshman or Sophomores). There are a ton of good options out there.

32 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

To add to you point...obviously there’s a divide amongst us. Those who see 1300 names and several months before the season starts. And those who see every other school making moves while UB doesn’t even have a list of prospects of interest. 

The main point is that things are moving quickly. Whether people wanna believe it or not it’s getting late soon. Schools are making moves. Getting verbals. Kids are making their minds up to change 5 days later. Yes things will play out but dammit a whisper of something would be nice. Wasn’t it nice to hear that we made a run at Cone. Wasn’t that nice. That’s all we want. Some signs of a pulse. 

How about the fact that we are one of the few schools that have lost zero individuals of consequence to the portal.  While kids are jumping left and right, our staff has done a great job keeping these guys bought in.  That should always be the number one priority of a coaching staff.

As far as I am concerned you now have to re-recruit your own players every year and our staff has done a great job keeping Mballa, Williams, Segu, Hardnett and others to remain here.

• Like 3

Recently mid majors made a living on transfers but now the high majors are doing it. 

Transfers want to transfer for playing time or starting positions - we have some playing time but no starting position right now

Looks like going the freshman route will be beneficial. Maybe a higher caliber freshman is available because of all these transfers

As pointed out previously none of ubs key returnees have entered the portal - this means the school/coaches are doing something right and should be very appealing to high school seniors looking to commit

• Like 1