Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2020-21 Schedule

12 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Because Boeheim doesn’t leave Syracuse for the first 2 months any season. There enough Lemoyne, Colgate, Cornell, etc games to get to double digits and then they can play .500 from there.

All power 5 schools camp in their home arena and neutral sites until conference play. Afraid to lose or barely beat mid majors. That’s the state of college basketball and it’s been that way forever.

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

Our game is more than two weeks out but we are one of those first four games listed on Iona's schedule so that game might be out.  Hard to imagine that the team will pay to travel and partake in the Mohegan Sun bubble only to play Vermont.  A lot of schedules are crumbling already

Maybe they are able to put us up against the other Iona opponent - 'Bubbleville TBD'?  Trying to be optimistic - but have to realize there are going to be challenges.

3 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

This is ridiculous at this point. Are we going to be spending the whole season on pins and needles just hoping to play each game? It's almost as if the playing of the game is even higher up than the win/loss/performance. It's so bizarro-world.

Let's let another year of life pass us all by...fun stuff.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

https://ubbulls.com/news/2020/11/17/mens-basketball-bulls-add-two-more-non-conference-contests.aspx

Here's hoping in a little over a week we are able to watch the Bulls in action.

With all the schools struggling to schedule...Gannon is the best that we could do? I mean really? We couldn’t get Albany or any other local/regional D1 school? I hear Cincy is looking to add 2 more games to their schedule, I’m not saying play them but my point is Gannon!? This does nothing for us. Glorified exhibition.

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

With all the schools struggling to schedule...Gannon is the best that we could do? I mean really? We couldn’t get Albany or any other local/regional D1 school? I hear Cincy is looking to add 2 more games to their schedule, I’m not saying play them but my point is Gannon!? This does nothing for us. Glorified exhibition.

We played Daemon last year, it’s not uncommon for D1 teams to face d2 teams to start the season. I’d expect it would be a good time to get Robinson and Skogman a chance to get their feet wet and get ready for some tough tests in non conference and conference schedules

Just now, Dabulls said:

We played Daemon last year, it’s not uncommon for D1 teams to face d2 teams to start the season. I’d expect it would be a good time to get Robinson and Skogman a chance to get their feet wet and get ready for some tough tests in non conference and conference schedules

If it’s merely an exhibition game, would saleh and Brewton be able to play?Skogman played against daemon last year and sat out the rest of the season 

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Albany is shutdown and probably will not be ready to play next week.

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

I understand D1 teams do this. But generally it’s done out of necessity bc teams can’t fill schedules. My point was with so many teams struggling to schedule games we shouldn’t have to resort to this. I rather play any D1 competition over Gannon or Deamon or the like. I feel like these games create bad habits rather than learned experiences. And they do nothing for us in terms of the metrics

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It’s a warm up we do it every year 

6 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

There’s kind of a pandemic going on, so, I’d imagine finding opponents in this time is going to be a challenge.

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

There’s kind of a pandemic going on, so, I’d imagine finding opponents in this time is going to be a challenge.

Obviously the pandemic is still ongoing and causing havoc. But my point is many teams are struggling to schedule. We aren’t the only ones. So why doesn’t team A call team B and say hey let’s play. You would think with so many teams struggling to schedule that, in a reversal, it would be in fact somewhat easier to schedule. Even if that means scheduling a team from the NEC or America East conference. I’m sure the coaches exhausted all measures. But playing Gannon doesn’t move the needle for me. But it’ll be great just to see the boys back on the court regardless. Rant over.

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Obviously the pandemic is still ongoing and causing havoc. But my point is many teams are struggling to schedule. We aren’t the only ones. So why doesn’t team A call team B and say hey let’s play. You would think with so many teams struggling to schedule that, in a reversal, it would be in fact somewhat easier to schedule. Even if that means scheduling a team from the NEC or America East conference. I’m sure the coaches exhausted all measures. But playing Gannon doesn’t move the needle for me. But it’ll be great just to see the boys back on the court regardless. Rant over.

It's not that simple.  Those NEC and America East teams want money to go on the road...money that UB doesn't have right now.  You've seen the budget shortfall that the department is in right now.  So the only schools they can afford to bring into Alumni Arena are probably non Division I schools.  

12 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Well aware we do. And we should stop.

When you cut a check to UB Athletics to give the money to bring in another D1 team it will happen.

Until that happens, we will have one non-D1 on the schedule every year.  At least this is a much better team than Nazareth or Pitt-Bradford.  Gannon will be as good as some D1 schools.