Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

I watched most of the Ohio Belmont game, I wasn't as impressed with Ohio as I thought I would be. Good team but I think a lack of athleticism will hurt them. Think if their shots don't fall will have trouble scoring against more athletic teams

Akron I was very impressed with, Ali Ali looked very good

Toledo looks like Toledo

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’ll say this about Big 10 bball…it’s always a grind and physical. Most teams aren’t super athletic. Unlike other conferences. 

I just think it's crazy that had this been our boys, this might have been not so close and Ohio State might have gone down hard. Obviously, I'm just speculating here

Edited by ubmae86

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

I watched most of the Ohio Belmont game, I wasn't as impressed with Ohio as I thought I would be. Good team but I think a lack of athleticism will hurt them. Think if their shots don't fall will have trouble scoring against more athletic teams

Akron I was very impressed with, Ali Ali looked very good

Toledo looks like Toledo

I'm biased but I disagree. I thought Ohio looked really sharp. Mark Sears had 27 points on 10-11 shooting with six rebounds and four assists. Xavier transfer and returning Bobcat, Jason Carter had 20 points and 10 rebounds.

OU was missing Dwight Wilson with an injury. Don't know what's up with that. One thing obvious watching the game is that Ohio can score well in the halfcourt. They have have plenty of shooters and bigs that can spread the court with their range.

Belmont entered as the 2nd ranked mid-major in the country behind Gonzaga according to the Mid-Major Top 25 (flawed poll I understand). That's a quality win for them to open their season.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

I'm biased but I disagree. I thought Ohio looked really sharp. Mark Sears had 27 points on 10-11 shooting with six rebounds and four assists. Xavier transfer and returning Bobcat, Jason Carter had 20 points and 10 rebounds.

OU was missing Dwight Wilson with an injury. Don't know what's up with that. One thing obvious watching the game is that Ohio can score well in the halfcourt. They have have plenty of shooters and bigs that can spread the court with their range.

Belmont entered as the 2nd ranked mid-major in the country behind Gonzaga according to the Mid-Major Top 25 (flawed poll I understand). That's a quality win for them to open their season.

Thats a quality win no doubt possibly the best win a mac team will get out of conference

Maybe I had bigger expectations but I came away from that game not really worrying about Ohio. (in the sense I believe Buffalo's best is better than Ohio's best)

Wilson does change how that team will play a lot, so thats a big loss

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, DocCas86 said:

Ohio's Dwight Wilson III who scored 14.5 ppg last year is out at least until January - according to what I read he had ACL surgery June / July.

6 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Info on Wilson.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Thats a quality win no doubt possibly the best win a mac team will get out of conference

Maybe I had bigger expectations but I came away from that game not really worrying about Ohio. (in the sense I believe Buffalo's best is better than Ohio's best)

Wilson does change how that team will play a lot, so thats a big loss

That’s fair and I tend to agree with your point about Buffalo’s best being better than Ohio’s best.

Didn’t realize Wilson was dealing with an ACL issue. That’s tough for the Bobcats.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

16 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Ohio is dangerous. The quicker Boals leaves the better lol. They are formidable up front. Question for them is who will step up and run the offense since Preston is gone. But they are still very dangerous.

Ohio is at Kentucky tonight, 12-point dogs. Same spread for BartTorvik #48 at #20 as we were at Michigan (#74 at #8). Should be another good data point in comparing our squads. I'm taking Ohio with the points, but Kentucky definitely won't be looking past them.

From watching Kentucky vs Duke, and Michigan against us, I'd say Michigan is the clear better team right now. Ohio is going to miss Dwight Wilson against Oscar Tshiebwe, who dominated the offensive boards against Duke's monster front line. We may be able to exploit this as well if he's still out when we play.