Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB Head Coaching Search

Jeseph

51 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

You know why they can win and raise their profiles at UB more often then any other MAC school?? Because we are a P5 program stuck in the MAC. Simple as that. 

Correction: We're a P5 SCHOOL stuck in the MAC.  We're very much a MAC program though in terms of funding and facilities.

29 minutes ago, ChicagoBull said:

A school: Yes. Kansas lists its institutional peers as: BUFFALO, Florida, MSU, Indiana, Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, UNC, Virginia, Oregon

As a program: No, not yet. And Kansas in a state with not much else going on to invest in, and a school getting Big 12 checks of close to $40M. We could fund our entire athletics budget with a check like that.

14 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Honestly, I think ADMA will get this hire right.  2 things have me saying that.  1. He's a football guy.  2. He will likely want to make a splash that will look good on his resume.  

Agreed, and we should have more money on hand too. The athletics portion of Boldly Buffalo was already doing very well reaching Athletic Department goals, now it is Boldly Buffalo Billion

33 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

That guy probably actually cares enough about his players/team not to leave in May. Props to him.

Imagine that. What a shitshow. Hopefully our guys will play with a chip on their shoulder and something Leopold couldn’t do, win a conference championship. I wish him the best of luck like the rest of the last 7 coaches. Even Miles and his dishonorable program couldn’t win there. At least LL family is set, which is what college football is all about.

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I hope LL isn’t the one who talked Marks into returning to honor his commitment to Buffalo. What a kick in the balls that would be. 

Marks tweeting this today makes me think us fans are (naturally) having a harder time accepting this. Good news is it sounds like he's ready to make the best out of what's still a promising season.

Screenshot_20210430-222109_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Marks tweeting this today makes me think us fans are (naturally) having a harder time accepting this. Good news is it sounds like he's ready to make the best out of what's still a promising season.

Screenshot_20210430-222109_Chrome.jpg

Maybe, or maybe just politicking. Hopefully the first, but we shall see. He (or others) would only get themselves in trouble if they said anything but that. Much like Nobody from Nowheresville, time will tell the true tale. 

3 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Maybe, or maybe just politicking. Hopefully the first, but we shall see. He (or others) would only get themselves in trouble if they said anything but that. Much like Nobody from Nowheresville, time will tell the true tale. 

The kids are more mature than me. Hopefully Alnutt finds a leader these kids deserve.

7 hours ago, Tee4three said:

James Madison is still playing football, so I would imagine anything that comes up he would shoot down in hopes of keeping attention on the up coming games rather than his job

So was Wisconsin - Whitewater when Leipold was hired.  Also the coach really has to say that.  He cannot publicly say he wants out.  My guess there is no block on his phone for 716 numbers or for search firm numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

So was Wisconsin - Whitewater when Leipold was hired.  Also the coach really has to say that.  He cannot publicly say he wants out.  My guess there is no block on his phone for 716 numbers or for search firm numbers.

Maybe. But standard procedure would be to just ignore one's inclusion on a casually tweeted list of 20 prospective candidates. Instead, he chose to tweet "nope". I'd wager he won't be our coach, even just based on the timing timeline Alnutt stated and the FCS season. 

• Like 1

UB has never had a HC who was an 1-A/FBS HC before being hired. Maybe that could change with this hire.

Pollian grew up here and has the family name, an actual former HC, ran the 4-3 and pistol at Nevada, special teams coach skills would be nice, lots out there on why he didn't get extended at Nevada. Lembo has the MAC history and is well regarded. Tim Beck and Lance Taylor would also be impressive options. As a former assistant, Liguist is someone whose career I hadn't followed since he left here, but I recall he was a strong assistant. I'm very impressed where he is now. Kenres the Toledo DC would just be another Leipold, with a gaudy Mt Union D-3 record.

The other names are basically what the media tosses out when we have searched for a HC in the past, NJ-based names and a bunch of lower-staffed P5 assistants.

Edited by RecoveringHillbilly

6 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Didn't remember that about leipold, and yes that was the point I was trying to get across.

He wouldn't be the first coach to say something about staying and then instantly leave