Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I didn’t realize Washington was an official rejection. I assumed since he turned down WMU twice we should bother even calling him.

He rejected UB. I'm not sure at what stage, but I was counting the fact that he was on our short list and quickly removed from it by saying no

1 minute ago, ub2019 said:

Did Halcovage decline the Bucknell job or was he never offered it?

Here's what I just got on that when I asked:

"Not sure what happened at Bucknell then was supposedly interested in Furman but Furman not open unless Richey gets USF"

1 minute ago, Jeseph said:

Can we really not offer better than Bucknell and Furman? How the hell did we get Hurley?

From what I heard at the time, Hurley really, really, really wanted to be a head coach. Also, White actually had a vision (it may not have been the vision some people wanted), but it was a vision and was massive! He also really believe he could do it and probably was able to sell it at that time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

At this point, you might as well bring back Brock Bertram to coach. I think he’s an assistant for his local high school. 

I think he's still got a few years of eligibility left, and the Bulls are running low on bigs (and every other position) right now.

Just now, UBlearns said:

I think he's still got a few years of eligibility left, and the Bulls are running low on bigs (and every other position) right now.

Just has to keep those big ol feet inbounds when inbounding the ball!

Real talk though one of my favorite basketball Bulls. Hope he has a successful coaching career that includes UB

Admittedly hadn’t heard of Halcovage until tonight. Scrolling Twitter it seems like a week ago everyone had Bucknell as a done deal. What a bizarre search. If we sign him it seems like a pretty good get. If not we look even worse with additional exposure.

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Admittedly hadn’t heard of Halcovage until tonight. Scrolling Twitter it seems like a week ago everyone had Bucknell as a done deal. What a bizarre search. If we sign him it seems like a pretty good get. If not we look even worse with additional exposure.

A win lose proposition! Maybe ADMA can bring in BB and Mo to close the deal