Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, promotherobot said:

Quite a field. Those are all D1 schools right? Bryant & Stratton?

Ha indeed, assuming BG brings a full squad they roll through this, starting with the Stetson Hats (Hatters!) 😆 only challenge from the other half is Army (bad memories) or maybe Pepperdine.

5 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Rob was a young new head coach a few years ago.  Possibly eager to show he could use what he learned from former head coaches.  It takes more experience to be able to flex toward limited team talent.  

To this point wasn’t he an assistant under Boeheim. Wanted to replicate that defense that is somewhat unique. 

8 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

4 minutes to go in the game, Toledo trails Richmond by 6. (NIT 1st rd)

They’re going down. Live and die by the 3. And they ain’t hitting them. Also where has Marreon Jackson gone? On a future note for Toledo...Ryan Rollins will be a problem real soon. He is exactly what we need in our rotation. 

14 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

They’re going down. Live and die by the 3. And they ain’t hitting them. Also where has Marreon Jackson gone? On a future note for Toledo...Ryan Rollins will be a problem real soon. He is exactly what we need in our rotation. 

They led by 11 but ended up losing 76-66. UB carries the MAC flag.

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

Are we rooting for Ohio? Would be nice to see a Mac team make a run, but for some reason i can’t pull myself to cheer for them. 

I know exactly what you mean.  I've taken the middle road.  Pulling for them in the first round, maybe the second, but not beyond that.

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

Are we rooting for Ohio? Would be nice to see a Mac team make a run, but for some reason i can’t pull myself to cheer for them. 

I’m rooting for UB to win tomorrow lol. And if we win go Ohio. If we lose I’ll be in a foul mood and want Ohio to lose. But yea go Ohio...it’s good for the MAC.

7 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

As can be seen by all of the respect the MAC gets year in and year out! IMO there's little value to "root for the MAC" until we break the one-bid league pattern...

Breaking the one bid league pattern has to be an undertaking by all the coaches in the conference. Bc the conference commissioner has done nothing to further the MAC. For example while all league are doing league vs league non conference games what has the MAC done? Nothing. If the like of UB, Ohio, Kent, Akron schedule MTEs and some P5 road non conference games we can raise the overall conference profile. Get that net rating up 

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Breaking the one bid league pattern has to be an undertaking by all the coaches in the conference. Bc the conference commissioner has done nothing to further the MAC. For example while all league are doing league vs league non conference games what has the MAC done? Nothing. If the like of UB, Ohio, Kent, Akron schedule MTEs and some P5 road non conference games we can raise the overall conference profile. Get that net rating up 

Agreed, this was a shot at the conference - not your stance 🙂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I know exactly what you mean.  I've taken the middle road.  Pulling for them in the first round, maybe the second, but not beyond that.

I'm spiteful I guess, I hate Ohio in all ways and can't bring myself to root for them.

• Like 1