Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

3 minutes ago, rma said:

In 2020, Safir co-authored a study with Ken Pomeroy titled “The guide to fouling when leading (or tied)” after USF opted to foul in non-traditional scenarios.

I would like this hire please. 

Mostly a DOBO experince, definately young and would want it in his hometown. Yet, hmm, Boeheim was around this guy's age when he became head coach. Maybe we can dream he'd be UB's Boeheim.

Just now, UBlearns said:

Interesting coaching prospect.  I don't mind an outside-the-box thinker with a young go-getter mentality.  A little scary that he has only 1 season of assistant coaching experience though.

This seems like a reasonable option. A bit scary, but intriguing. The moneyball version of a basketball coach? I’m in, why the hell not!??!

56 minutes ago, ukbro00 said:

Is that going to be official last week too?

Where did I say anyone was official next week? I was waiting for you to comment before but you ignored it. You are getting slapped with the block. 

If anyone would like me to stop posting what I hear, I will gladly do so.

Safir is buddies with Cohen, heard him mentioned on the (rather strange Buffalo-based Christian basketball) podcast below. He's coaching-prodigy-in-his-own-right Todd Golden's analytics guru, followed him from San Fran to Florida. Played hoops at Vassar. Cohen opined that Safir might be destined for more of an AD/GM position someday.

It would be a risky, outside-of-the-box hire, but at this point I'd be willing to take the risk. He'd need some hefty experience in the three chairs next to him for certain.