Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kidtrell Blocker

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Reminds me of the recruitment of a center/big a few years ago, decommitted from a school, all signs pointed towards us but the commitment never came. He ended up commiting to utah st for like a week before de committing and going prep or juco 

I think you are referring to Nigel John.  He just finished his freshman year in JUCO.

https://www.region2athletics.com/sports/bkm/div1/2020-21/players/nigeljohnsxbk

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

I was told he selected Buffalo. I was then told last week something happened. I have no news yet that it jeopardized his commitment, but it might have. 

I'm not sure if UB offered another player, they were waiting for something academically, or an issue came up. 

Hopefully we are pursuing plan B.

Options are diminishing to fill the two (possibly 3) scholarships remaining.  I agree it makes sense to have plan B for all open spots.   Of course needing a Plan B is based on uncertainty I see from my vantage point and not knowing what the coaches know.  Hopefully get roster wrapped up in next couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, clodney said:

I wonder if Kidtrell was offended that someone made his big news public before he had a chance to announce it.

Imagine someone reporting your likely destination and that causing you to have second thoughts about such a massive life decision you had all set that you likely spent tons of time researching and deliberating on. It just can't be, it's too crazy even for the zoomers.

4 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Imagine someone reporting your likely destination and that causing you to have second thoughts about such a massive life decision you had all set that you likely spent tons of time researching and deliberating on. It just can't be, it's too crazy even for the zoomers.

yea, I love this board but I would not consider it "public" in the way that Twitter is...

3 hours ago, MuchMany said:

LBJ (the real one) would do that if there was a leak about an upcoming policy.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:28 PM, Jeseph said:

yea, I love this board but I would not consider it "public" in the way that Twitter is...

I'm not claiming it is the equivalent of twitter but it's still a public site that is the first thing that pops up when you google "Buffalo Bulls forums". We've heard of coaches and even recruits reading ubfan in the past to get a pulse on the community or inside info, so maybe we shouldn't assume it's nothing but "old diehards" using outdated social media.

Edited by clodney
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

This is pretty big, he is going to take the place and Malik. What a recruitment class this has been. This staff is definitely able to get players, but we need to keep them and maintain them. 

I think it helps that we have been able to maintain our assistant coaches as well. It has been good stability. I'm eager to see these guys on the court.