Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

18 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Since when are offers in the news to candidates anyway? Offers are done behind the scenes, one by one. We hear only when the initial hiring takes place. 

Literally on this page there’s an article about a coach turning down a head coaching job. Even during a period where there’s reason for optimism this board reeks of pessimism lol

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

I wouldn’t mind another ‘retread’, *if* that brings the potential to be replaced by a young up and coming assistant.  
A down year in the BE is still better than an average MAC season. 
So much focus is on the HC.  I’d rather judge the entire staff. (and possible continuity)

Great point of view.

Jon Rothstein: Sources: Providence has offered Ed Cooley a new contract, with significant financial upgrades for both he and his coaching staff.

Rothstein is an idiot. Well, perhaps not an idiot. However, you would think that he would have better command of the language: “…for both HE and his…”. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, squire17 said:

Jon Rothstein: Sources: Providence has offered Ed Cooley a new contract, with significant financial upgrades for both he and his coaching staff.

Rothstein is an idiot. Well, perhaps not an idiot. However, you would think that he would have better command of the language: “…for both HE and his…”. Unbelievable.

I’m missing what the issue what the tweet is? I’m no English major so how is it grammatically supposed to read? No sarcasm legit question.

Edited by DooleyBull06

1 minute ago, 121Merrimac said:

Seems like HE should be dropped, not his coaches, amirite?

..for him and his coaches.  Since this phrase is used as an object in the sentence not the subject. 

I was saying a trick to make it clearer is to remove the other part of the object 'and his coaches' so you can focus on which is correct, he or him.

2 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

..for him and his coaches.  Since this phrase is used as an object in the sentence not the subject. 

I was saying a trick to make it clearer is to remove the other part of the object 'and his coaches' so you can focus on which is correct, he or him.

Understood.  But, he got it wrong, so he should not be given a contract extension... Drop (fire) him!  🤣

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m missing what the issue what the tweet is? I’m no English major so how is it grammatically supposed to read? No sarcasm legit question.

He should never follow for with “he”. The correct usage is for “him” and his staff. It astounds me that so many, who communicate so prominently with the public, are so lax in the proper use of language.

7 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Does anyone know how CSA works? Or the agency UB is using to find a new coach. Do they just put out feelers to certain people?

They already have a lot of the legwork done identifying potential candidates that fit a criteria, do background checks, etc. They can have all the off the record conversations that aren’t subject to state open records requests, especially if someone is a sitting head coach and doesn’t want it known they’re exploring. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Does anyone know how CSA works? Or the agency UB is using to find a new coach. Do they just put out feelers to certain people?

They hire them and then dont use the information they provide.

By the way, I was also told that "cohen would take the job". Unsure where he ranks on our list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Seems like a pretty darn good recruiter, I know it’s Michigan but those names are impressive. I don’t expect us to grab any 4-5 stars but… Washington will have to have some great recruiting ties

350AD7F1-B30E-42F4-93BF-F54BD21D02B5.jpeg

If he is the choice it could happen quick since UM lost to Vanderbilt so their season is officially over. We will see.

23 minutes ago, Kevin said:

They hire them and then dont use the information they provide.

By the way, I was also told that "cohen would take the job". Unsure where he ranks on our list. 

sounds like we need to root against Xavier