Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

11 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

6’8 from Paris. Another Mballa type physically. Whitesell really loves bigs. We could have the tallest team in conference but no one to run point. 

Much like most coaches, he really wants those 2 competent paint players, and 2 guard and a wing. Being a strong paint team goes a long way in the MAC.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

6’8 from Paris. Another Mballa type physically. Whitesell really loves bigs. We could have the tallest team in conference but no one to run point. 

I would have to imagine he knows Josh from youth national teams and such. Could be our connection with him and help us get him in. Looks like he has a little bit of a shot too (38% from 3 two years ago)

19 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

The NCAA needs to fix this. Create the one time transfer rule already. And possibly other stipulations. Example: players are allowed to transfer if the coach that recruited them is fired or leaves the program. Possibly create a transfer window, that only allows players to transfer within a period of time (like from end of season to start of new season). Determine what the rules are after a player uses his one time transfer. Just some thoughts. 

I think the increase is in part the fact that the Coaches seem to be more accepting of it.  In the beginning, if a player put his name in the portal, the Coach took that as "you don't want to be here, we don't want you any more".   It seems that some coaches now are saying, "you put your name in the portal, but we'd like you to stay, and you'll be welcomed back".  

2 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

Missed this one from a few days ago... but this guy seems like an interesting option.. Kobe Elvis from DePaul

Canadian guard that would only be a sophomore next year.

I guess if he gets two technicals the PA announcer can say that Elvis has left the building.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Agree 100%.  Wish him all the best.  I always felt he brought a lot of energy.  In right situation I think he will do well.

Was always head scratching to me as to why he wasn’t more of a role player off the bench. Got some burn at the end of his freshman year. Showed potential, but was buried last season. At a time when I thought he could be used. Wish him nothing but the best. 

But this is another recruiting blemish for Whitesell. This was his recruit. Yet another guard gone. WE NEED GUARDS!

Whitesell has a ton of ammunition with roster flexibility now. The only thing that hurts is there arent truly any starting spots available. If we assume its Segu, Jack, Williams, Mballa, Hardnett. 

Not being day 1 starter is probably deterring a lot of players in the transfer portal to coming to UB

Edited by RoughToughBulls15
  • Thanks 1